Do you know your nails from your screws?
Join our building management team!
The building management team is responsible for the care and upkeep of our hut and grounds.
Specific responsibilities include:
(1) Ensuring regular safety checks are carried out (Gas, Electrical, PAT, Fire Safety) by our contractors
(2) Effecting minor DIY repairs (within capability)
(3) orgainsing working parties to tidy the outside grounds (annually)
(4) Checking clear access to fire escapes is maintained and kitchen and leader stores are kept tidy
(5) ensuring fire drills are conducted and reviewed by section leaders
(6) Reporting all issues to the Executive Committee
Time required: 1 hour a month (ad hoc checks after a section meeting) plus special projects